EconoTaq PLUS GREEN 2X Mastermix
Performance, Convenience, Reliability, and Value for Routine PCRUser Manual
EconoTaq PLUS GREEN 2X Master Mix is a ready-to-use PCR master mix containing agarose gel loading buffer and tracking dyes. A PCR reaction is set up simply by combining the EconoTaq PLUS GREEN 2X Master Mix with template DNA, primers, and water. After the reaction is complete, it can be loaded directly onto an agarose gel.
Use EconoTaq PLUS GREEN 2X Master Mix when the PCR products will be analyzed by agarose gel electrophoresis and ethidium bromide staining.
All necessary reaction components are provided in the Master Mix, which contains the following: 0.1 units/µL of EconoTaq DNA Polymerase, Reaction Buffer (pH 9.0), 400 µM dATP, 400 µM dGTP, 400 µM dCTP, 400 µM dATP, 3 mM MgCl2, and a proprietary mix of PCR Enhancer/Stabilizer and blue and yellow tracking dyes. For difficult templates, such as those containing GC content up to 75%, it has been found that EconoTaq PLUS GREEN 2X Master Mix performs well with denaturation temperatures up to 98 °C.
- More effective than other Taq master mixes. EconoTaq PLUS and PLUS GREEN 2X Master Mixes contain a proprietary PCR enhancer, so they can successfully amplify templates that fail to amplify with other PCR master mixes (Figure 1). High density reaction buffer enables direct gel loading following PCR.
- Excellent results in routine PCR. EconoTaq PLUS GREEN & EconoTaq PLUS contain high purity, high activity EconoTaq DNA Polymerase for reliable amplification of templates up to 5 kb (Figure 1).
- Amplify challenging GC-rich templates. These 2X Master Mixes can be cycled up to 98°C to amplify challenging GC-rich templates others cannot (Figure 2).
- Convenient tracking dyes in EconoTaq PLUS GREEN. On a 1% agarose gel, the blue dye migrates at the same rate as a 5 kb DNA fragment, and the yellow dye migrates at 75 bp. See Figure 3. If desired, the dyes are easily removed by standard DNA purification products or ethanol precipitation. For fluorescence or absorbance detection assays, EconoTaq PLUS 2X Master Mix offers the same great performance without the dyes.
- Flexible & easy to use. EconoTaq PLUS GREEN and EconoTaq PLUS are packaged in 50 reaction vials that can be stored in the refrigerator (+4ºC) for up to 3 months. They are stable for at least 10 freeze-thaw cycles.
PCR Activity: EconoTaq PLUS GREEN & EconoTaq PLUS 2X Master Mixes are tested in DNA amplification using a variety of templates and primers.
Activity Determination: One unit of EconoTaq DNA Polymerase catalyzes the incorporation of 10 nmoles of dNTP into acid-insoluble material in 30 minutes at 70°C in 50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 9.0), 50 mM NaCl, 5 mM MgCl2, 200 µM dGTP, dATP, dTTP, dCTP (a mix of unlabeled and [33P]dCTP), 10 µg Activated Calf Thymus DNA, and 0.1 mg/ml BSA.
Absence of Endonuclease or Nicking Activity: Incubation of 10 U of EconoTaq DNA Polymerase with 1 µg of supercoiled pBR322 DNA for 16 hours at 70°C results in no detectable conversion to relaxed or linear forms detectable by agarose gel electrophoresis.
Absence of Exonuclease Activity: Incubation of 10 U of EconoTaq DNA Polymerase with 1 µg of HindIII-cut lambda DNA for 16 hours at 70°C resulted in no smearing of bands on agarose gels.
Purity: EconoTaq DNA Polymerase is >99% pure as determined by SDS PAGE. There is no detectable DNA contamination.The nucleotides in the Master Mix are certified free of nucleases and phosphatases.