myBaits WGE Human
Whole Genome Enrichment (WGE) is target capture of genome-wide DNA from a complex DNA sourceUser Manual
- Premade Human Baits – Ready to ship for ancient DNA
- Custom Bait Sets – Select from an organism of interest
- Efficient genome-wide sequencing – Isolate genome of interest from complex samples
- Cost-effective genomic bait manufacturing – Savings on baits and sequencing costs
- Perfect for exploratory studies – Sequenced genome is not required
Daicel Arbor Biosciences’ WGE bait manufacturing technology can cost-effectively produce biotinylated RNA baits representative of an entire nuclear genome. This allows for bulk enrichment of genome-wide endogenous DNA from complex metagenomic samples, such as environmental or ancient DNA. To manufacture custom WGE baits, all that is required is a sample of high-quality genomic DNA from an organism of interest, or a close relative, even if the genome has not been sequenced.
Recovering appreciable full-genome coverage from metagenomic, environmental, or ancient DNA samples with only shotgun sequencing data is likely to be both expensive and bioinformatically intense. Standard and custom WGE kits from Daicel Arbor Biosciences can help overcome these challenges. Discover how myBaits WGE kits can dramatically increase the percentage of endogenous DNA reads from an NGS dataset.
Due to the very deep requisite sequencing depths required to observe appreciable coverage of whole-genome data, especially from degraded or complex samples, Whole Genome Enrichment (WGE) kits are generally best suited for exploratory research projects. If the goal is to recover specific genes or markers of interest, then a focused custom myBaits panel is more appropriate for maximizing sequencing efficiency. If WGE is the proper application of choice, premade and custom WGE kits from Daicel Arbor Biosciences can help overcome many of these challenges.
- H. McColl et al. (2018) The prehistoric peopling of Southeast Asia Science
- J. Lindo et al. (2017) Ancient individuals from the North American Northwest Coast reveal 10,000 years of regional genetic continuity PNAS
- L. Vezzulli et al. (2017) Whole-Genome Enrichment Provides Deep Insights into Vibrio cholerae Metagenome from an African River Microbial Ecology
- J.M. Enk et al. (2014) Ancient Whole Genome Enrichment Using Baits Built from Modern DNA Molecular Biology and Evolution