293AD Cell LineData sheet
|Cell Category:||Packaging Cell Lines|
The Adenovirus 293AD cell line is derived from the parental 293 cell line, but specifically selected for adenovirus applications. It offers several advantages over the regular 293 cells:
- Flattened morphology
- Firm attachment to culture plate, ideal for amplification and titering of adenovirus
- Larger cell surface area resulting higher transfection and better yield of recombinant adenovirus
The 293 Cell Line is a permanent line established from primary embryonic human kidney transformed with human adenovirus type 5 DNA. The genes encoded by the E1 region of adenovirus (E1a and E1b) are expressed in these cells and participate in transactivation of viral promoters, allowing these cells to produce high levels of protein. E1 also complements the E1-deletion in recombinant adenoviral vectors, allowing viral replication.
This cryovial contains at least 1.0 × 106 293AD cells as determined by morphology, trypan-blue dye exclusion, and viable cell count. The 293AD cells are tested free of microbial contamination.
STORAGE: Liquid nitrogen
QUANTITY AND CONCENTRATION: 1 mL, 1 x 106 cells/ml in 90% complete medium, 10% DMSO
This licensed product is intended for ACADEMIC, GOVERNMENT AND NON-PROFIT RESEARCH USE ONLY; not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. The product may not be transferred, sold, or otherwise provided to another laboratory except by an authorized distributor of Cell Biolabs, Inc.
Use of this product by Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical companies requires a license for all fields of use including research.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for licensing conditions.
Genetically modified organism (GVO), see General Terms
- Ravindran D, et al. (2017) Chemokine binding protein 'M3' limits atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-/- mice. PLoS One. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0173224.
- Ridiandries A, Bursill C, Tan J. (2017) Broad-Spectrum Inhibition of the CC-Chemokine Class Improves Wound Healing and Wound Angiogenesis. Int J Mol Sci doi: 10.3390/ijms18010155.
- Zaric M, et al. (2017) Long-lived tissue resident HIV-1 specific memory CD8+ T cells are generated by skin immunization with live virus vectored microneedle arrays. J Control Release. doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2017.10.026.