MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit
MyTaq™ Plant-PCR Kit offers fast, highly-specific, direct PCR from a wide range of plant leaf samples. The novel buffer system circumvents the need for additional PCR stabilizers and traditional purification steps, thereby avoiding a complex extraction process.
- Fast - eliminate complex, slow and costly DNA extraction steps, thereby reducing time to results
- Sensitive – incorporates MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase that exhibits increased affinity for DNA, thereby improving yield of even the most challenging targets
- Robust- specially developed to overcome common plant-derived PCR inhibitors such as polyphenolics and polysaccharides for highest PCR success rates and improved sensitivity
- Versatile - perfect for a wide range of plant species, avoiding the need for further optimization, thereby minimizing setup time and reducing cost
- Simple - ideal for fast genotyping in plant genetic studies, mutation detection, confirming transgenic plant and knockout analysis
MyTaq™ Plant PCR Kit is recommended for fast, specific and direct PCR from a wide range of plant leaf samples. MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit incorporates MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase, a next-generation hot-start polymerase that delivers highly-specific PCR amplification. Furthermore, MyTaq HS has an increased affinity for template DNA, giving a high PCR product yield for most challenging templates. MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase has been developed to give more robust amplification than other commonly-used polymerases meaning it performs reliably even in the presence of PCR inhibitors.
MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit includes novel buffer system that replaces the need for complicated extraction or purification steps, including freezing of plant tissues with liquid nitrogen, mechanical disruption, organic extraction or column DNA purification. The advanced formulation of MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit also allows fast cycling conditions to be used, without compromising PCR specificity and yield.
MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit has been developed to tolerate the PCR inhibitors typically present in plant samples, including polyphenolics and polysaccharides, thereby delivering significantly improved assay sensitivity and reproducibility. MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit increases amplification success rates from different plant types and its speed and high specificity makes it ideal for high-throughput genotyping assays.
Bioline R&D has obtained successful results when using the MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit to conduct direct PCR from a very broad range of species. These include tomato, rice, sugarcane, maize, potato, soya, wheat, barley, cashew, oak, dwarf umbrella tree, Australian laurel, red-fruit saw-sedge, blueberry lily, she-oaks, coastal rosemary, burrawang, eucalyptus/gum tree, seaweed/crayweed, coastal banksia, bottle brush and honey gem. For more information, please inquire.
As part of our test and review campaign, many of our customers have shared their positive experiences of the MyTaq Plant-PCR Kit. Our customers have also reported success for direct PCR from wheat, rosemary, cotton, tobacco, citrus, kangkong, mousear cress (Arabidopsis), cranberry, primrose, blueberry, American bellflower and several grass and fungus species.
- Genotyping for plant genetic study
- Mutation detection
- Transgenic detection
- Knockout analysis
Increasing concentration of inhibitors in a reaction
MyTaq™ Plant-PCR Kit Workflow
Introduction to MyTaq