Platinum-E Retroviral Packaging Cell Line, EcotrophicData sheet
|Cell Category:||Packaging Cell Lines|
Retroviral Packaging Cell Line with longer stability and yielding higher virus titers
Achieve higher yields of retroviral structure proteins and longer stability in the presence of drug selection
- Higher viral yields: average titer 10^7 infectious units/mL with transient transfection
- Longer stability: up to 4 months in the presence of drug selection
- Three versions available: Ecotrophic, amphotrophic, and pantrophic
Conventional cells used for retrovirus packaging, such as those based on NIH3T3 cells, have limited stability and produce relatively low yields of virus, mainly due to the poor expression of retroviral structure proteins (gag, pol and env) in the cells.
The Platinum Retroviral Packaging Cell Lines, based on the 293T cell line, exhibit longer stability and produce higher yields of retroviral structure proteins.
High Viral Yields with Plat-E cells. NIH3T3 cells (top) and mouse ProB Ba/F3 cells (bottom) were infected with GFP retrovirus supernatant produced in Plat-E cells after transfection with pMX-GFP.
This licensed product is intended for ACADEMIC, GOVERNMENT AND NON-PROFIT RESEARCH USE ONLY; not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. The product may not be transferred, sold, or otherwise provided to another laboratory except by an authorized distributor of Cell Biolabs, Inc.
Use of this product by Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical companies requires a license for all fields of use including research.
Please contact email@example.com to ask for licensing conditions.
Commercial Price Disclaimer
Researchers at for-profit organizations and corporations, please contact us for pricing of this item.
Genetically modified organism (GVO), see General Terms
- Chatterjee S, et al. (2018) CD38-NAD+Axis Regulates Immunotherapeutic Anti-Tumor T Cell Response. Cell Metab. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2017.10.006.
- Zhang C, Seo J, Nakamura T. (2018) Cellular Approaches in Investigating Argonaute2-Dependent RNA Silencing. Methods Mol Biol. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-7339-2_14.
- Artlett, C.M. et al. (2017) Mir-155 is overexpressed in systemic sclerosis fibroblasts and is required for NLRP3 inflammasome-mediated collagen synthesis during fibrosis. Arthritis Res. (1):144.
- Bharathan SP (2017) Systematic evaluation of markers used for the identification of human induced pluripotent stem cells. Biol Open. doi: 10.1242/bio.022111.
- Cirovic B, et al. (2017) C/EBP-Induced Transdifferentiation Reveals Granulocyte-Macrophage Precursor-like Plasticity of B Cells. Stem Cell Reports. doi: 10.1016/j.stemcr.2016.12.015.
- Dembinski HE, et al. (2017) Functional importance of stripping in NFκB signaling revealed by a stripping-impaired IκBα mutant. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1610192114.
- Gamage, D.G., et al. (2017) Insights into the localization and function of myomaker during myoblast fusion. J Biol Chem. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M117.811372.
- Hashimoto-Tane A, et al. (2017) Analyzing the Dynamics of Signaling Microclusters. Methods Mol Biol. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-6881-7_4.
- Kawada M, et al. (2017) A novel monoclonal antibody targeting coxsackie virus and adenovirus receptor inhibits tumor growth in vivo. Sci Rep. doi: 10.1038/srep40400.
- Kodaka, Y., Asakura, Y., and Asakura, A. (2017) Spin infection enables efficient gene delivery to muscle stem cells. Biotechniques. doi: 10.2144/000114576.
- Lan P, et al. (2017) TNF superfamily receptor OX40 triggers invariant NKT cell pyroptosis and liver injury. J Clin Invest. doi: 10.1172/JCI91075
- Li Q, et al. (2017) HLA-DQ β1 alleles associated with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infectivity and EBV gp42 binding to cells. JCI Insight. doi: 10.1172/jci.insight.85687.
- Lin Y, et al. (2017) SUMO-modified Insulin-Like Growth Factor 1 Receptor (IGF-1R) Increases Cell Cycle Progression and Cell Proliferation. J Cell Physiol. doi: 10.1002/jcp.25818.
- Liu N, et al. (2017) A Twist2-dependent progenitor cell contributes to adult skeletal muscle. Nat Cell Biol. doi: 10.1038/ncb3477.
- Mohr S, et al. (2017) Hoxa9 and Meis1 Cooperatively Induce Addiction to Syk Signaling by Suppressing miR-146a in Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Cancer Cell. doi: 10.1016/j.ccell.2017.03.001.
- Mühlhäuser WW, et al. (2017) Light-Regulated Protein Kinases Based on the CRY2-CIB1 System. Methods Mol Biol. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4939-6940-1_16.
- Mustachio LM, et al. (2017) Deubiquitinase USP18 Loss Mislocalizes and Destabilizes KRAS in Lung Cancer. Mol Cancer Res. doi: 10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-16-0369.
- Saunderson EA, et al. (2017) Hit-and-run epigenetic editing prevents senescence entry in primary breast cells from healthy donors. Nat Commun. doi: 10.1038/s41467-017-01078-2.
- Shi J, et al. (2017) Requirement of the fusogenic micropeptide myomixer for muscle formation in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1715229114.
- Smith TT, et al. (2017) Biopolymers codelivering engineered T cells and STING agonists can eliminate heterogeneous tumors. J Clin Invest. doi: 10.1172/JCI87624.
- Stelzl T, et al. (2017) Glycans in the intestinal peptide transporter PEPT1 contribute to function and protect from proteolysis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. doi: 10.1152/ajpgi.00343.2016.
- Take, K., et al. (2017) CDK5 Regulatory Subunit-Associated Protein 1-like 1 Negatively Regulates Adipocyte Differentiation through Activation of Wnt Signaling Pathway. Sci Rep. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-06469-5.
- Baek, J.M. et al. (2016) Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase inhibits receptor activator of nuclear factor-kB ligand-induced osteoclast differentiation in vitro. Mol Med. doi:10.3892/mmr.2016.6069.
- Bhutani, K. et al. (2016) Whole-genome mutational burden analysis of three pluripotency induction methods. Nat Commun. 7:10536.
- Blassberg, R. et al. (2016) Reduced cholesterol levels impair Smoothened activation in Smith–Lemli–Opitz syndrome. Hum Mol Genet. 4:693-705.
- Dela Cruz, F.S. et al. (2016) A case study of an integrative genomic and experimental therapeutic approach for rare tumors: identification of vulnerabilities in a pediatric poorly differentiated carcinoma. Genome Med.
- Dumas, M. E. et al. (2016) Topological analysis of metabolic networks integrating co-segregating transcriptomes and metabolomes in type 2 diabetic rat congenic series. Genome Med. doi:10.1186/s13073-016-0352-6.
- Erkhembaatar, M. et al. (2016) Lysosomal Ca2+ signaling is essential for osteoclastogenesis and bone remodeling. J Bone Miner Res. doi:10.1002/jbmr.2986.
- Hu, R. et al. (2016) Detection of podocyte proliferation in rat nephropathy models by retrovirus-EGFP tracing technology. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 9:3340-3348.
- Ishikura, S. et al. (2016) Molecular mechanisms of transcriptional regulation by the nuclear zinc-finger protein Zfat in T cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. doi:10.1016/j.bbagrm.2016.08.010.
- Izawa, T. et al. (2016) The nuclear receptor AhR controls bone homeostasis by regulating osteoclast differentiation via the RANK/c-Fos signaling axis. J Immunol. 197:4639-4650.
- Jin, Y. et al. (2016) Targeting methyltransferase PRMT5 eliminates leukemia stem cells in chronic myelogenous leukemia. J Clin Invest. doi:10.1172/JCI85239.
- Kim, S. M. et al. (2016) Induced neural stem cells from distinct genetic backgrounds exhibit different reprogramming status. Stem Cell Res. doi:10.1016/j.scr.2016.02.025.
- Kimura, T. et al. (2016) Polarization of M2 macrophages requires Lamtor1 that integrates cytokine and amino acid signals. Nature Comm. doi:10.1038/ncomms13130.
- Kusabuka, H. et al. (2016) Highly efficient gene transfer using a retroviral vector into murine T cells for preclinical chimeric antigen receptor-expressing T cell therapy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. doi:10.1016/j.bbrc.2016.03.054.
- Lacroix, M. et al. (2016) E4F1 controls a transcriptional program essential for pyruvate dehydrogenase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 113:10998-1003.
- Liu, D. et al. (2016) Retrogenic ICOS expression increases differentiation of KLRG-1hiCD127loCD8+ T cells during Listeria infection and diminishes recall responses. J Immunol. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1500218.
- Ma, J. S. et al. (2016) Versatile strategy for controlling the specificity and activity of engineered T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 113:E450-458.
- Mackay, L. K. et al. (2016) Hobit and Blimp1 instruct a universal transcriptional program of tissue residency in lymphocytes. Science. 352:459-463.
- Maine, C.J. et al. (2016) PTPN22 contributes to exhaustion of T lymphocytes during chronic viral infection. PNAS 113:E7231-E7239.
- Millay, D. P. et al. (2016) Structure–function analysis of myomaker domains required for myoblast fusion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 113:2116-2121.
- Mitani, Y. et al. (2016) In vivo myomaker-mediated heterologous fusion and nuclear reprogramming. FASEB J doi:10.1096/fj.201600945R.
- Mitsuki, Y. Y. et al. (2016) A novel dual luciferase assay for the simultaneous monitoring of HIV infection and cell viability. J Virol Methods. 231:25-33.
- Moriyama, T. et al. (2016) Two isoforms of TALDO1 generated by alternative translational initiation show differential nucleocytoplasmic distribution to regulate the global metabolic network. Sci Rep. doi:10.1038/srep34648.
- Park, J. H. et al. (2016) Dynamic long-range chromatin interaction controls expression of IL-21 in CD4+ T cells. J Immunol. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1500636.
- San, I. V. et al. (2016) High Podocalyxin levels promote cell viability partially through up-regulation of Annexin A2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. doi:10.1016/j.bbrc.2016.07.102.
- Takizawa F, et al. (2016) Novel Teleost CD4-Bearing Cell Populations Provide Insights into the Evolutionary Origins and Primordial Roles of CD4+ Lymphocytes and CD4+ Macrophages. J Immunol. doi: 10.4049/jimmunol.1600222.
- Takizawa, F. et al. (2016) Novel teleost CD4-bearing cell populations provide insights into the evolutionary origins and primordial roles of CD4+ lymphocytes and CD4+ macrophages. J Immunol. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1600222.
- Talantikite, M. et al. (2016) The first intracellular loop of GLUT4 contains a retention motif. J Cell Sci 129:2273-2284.
- Yamashita, S. et al. (2016) Mitochondrial division occurs concurrently with autophagosome formation but independently of Dro1 during mitophagy. J Cell Biol. 215:649-665.
- Zhao, C. et al. (2016) Mice lacking the intracellular cation channel TRIC-B have compromised collagen production and impaired bone mineralization. Sci Signal. doi:10.1126/scisignal.aad9055.
- Balasubramani, A. et al. (2015) Cancer-associated ASXL1 mutations may act as gain-of-function mutations of the ASXL1-BAP1 complex. Nat Commun. doi:10.1038/ncomms8307.
- Chaoui, A. et al. (2015) Subnuclear re-localization of SOX10 and p54NRB correlates with a unique neurological phenotype associated with SOX10 missense mutations. Hum Mol Genet. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddv215.
- Choi, S. W. et al. (2015) Repositioning potential of PAK4 to osteoclastic bone resorption. J Bone Miner Res. doi: 10.1002/jbmr.2468.
- Dang, J. & Rana, T. M. (2015) Enhancing induced pluripotent stem cell generation by microRNA. Methods Mol Biol. doi:10.1007/7651_2015_201.
- Diokmetzidou, A. et al. (2015) Strategies to study desmin in cardiac muscle and culture systems. Methods EnzyMol (2015). doi:10.1016/bs.mie.2015.09.026.
- Harr, J. C. et al. (2015) Directed Targeting of Chromatin to the Nuclear Lamina Is Mediated by Chromatin State and a-Type Lamins. J Cell Biol. 208:33-52.
- Harr, J. C.& Reddy, K. L. (2015) Tagged chromosomal insertion site system: A method to study lamina-associated chromatin. Methods EnzyMol doi:10.1016/bs.mie.2015.09.028.
- He, L. et al. (2015) Near-infrared photoactivatable control of Ca2+ signaling and optogenetic immunomodulation. ELife. doi:10.7554/eLife.10024.
- Jani, R. A. et al. (2015) STX13 regulates cargo delivery from recycling endosomes during melanosome biogenesis. J Cell Sci 128:3263-3276.
- Kiviaho, A. L. et al. (2015) Distinct electrophysiological and mechanical beating phenotypes of Long QT syndrome type 1-specific cardiomyocytes carrying different mutations. Int J Cardiol. doi:10.1016/j.ijcha.2015.04.008.
- Koptyra, M. et al. (2015) Crk and CrkL are Required for Cell Transformation by v-fos and v-ras. Mol Carcinog. doi: 10.1002/mc.22262.
- Na, B. R. et al. (2015) TAGLN2 regulates T cell activation by stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton at the immunological synapse. J Cell Biol. 209:143-162.
- Ogi, H. et al. (2015) The oncogenic role of the cochaperone Sgt1. Oncogenesis. . 4:e149.
- Philip, M. et al. (2015) Heme exporter FLVCR is required for t cell development and peripheral survival. J Immunol. 194:1677-1685.
- Robin, J. D. et al. (2015) Isolation and Immortalization of Patient-derived Cell Lines from Muscle Biopsy for Disease Modeling. J Vis Exp. 95:e52307-e52307.
- Sakata-Yanagimoto, M. & Chiba, S. (2015) Notch2 Signaling in Mast Cell Development and Distribution in the Intestine. Methods Mol Biol. 220:79-89.
- Song, A. et al. (2015) Molecular changes associated with acquired resistance to crizotinib in ros1-rearranged non–small cell lung cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 21:2379-2387.
- Sujobert, P. et al. (2015) Co-activation of AMPK and mTORC1 induce cytotoxicity in acute myeloid leukemia. Cell Rep. doi:10.1016/j.celrep.2015.04.063.
- Xiao, X. et al. (2015) GITR subverts Foxp3+ Tregs to boost Th9 immunity through regulation of histone acetylation. Nat Commun. . 6:8266.
- Zhao, Y. et al. (2015) High-efficiency reprogramming of fibroblasts into cardiomyocytes requires suppression of pro-fibrotic signalling. Nat Commun. doi:10.1038/ncomms9243.
- Ahola, A. et al. (2014) Video image-based analysis of single human induced pluripotent stem cell derived cardiomyocyte beating dynamics using digital image correlation. Biomed Eng Online.
- Alvarez, A. et al. (2014) Focus formation: a cell-based assay to determine the oncogenic potential of a gene. J Vis Exp.
- Andersson-Rolf, A. et al. (2014) A video protocol of retroviral infection in primary intestinal organoid culture. J Vis Exp.
- Choi, S. W. et al. (2014) Anti-osteoclastogenic activity of matairesinol via suppression of p38/ERK-NFATc1 signaling axis. BMC Complem Altern M.
- Di Stefano, B. & Graf, T. et al. (2014) Very rapid and efficient generation of induced pluripotent stem cells from mouse pre-B cells. Methods Mol Biol.
- Ha, H. et al. (2014) Water extract of the fruits of Alpinia oxyphylla inhibits osteoclast differentiation and bone loss. BMC Complement Altern Med.
- Hu, K. K. et al. (2014) Spatiotemporally and mechanically controlled triggering of mast cells using atomic force microscopy. Immunol Res.
- Ji, Y. et al. (2014) miR-155 Augments CD8+ T-cell Antitumor Activity in Lymphoreplete Hosts by Enhancing Responsiveness to Homeostatic γc Cytokines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. pii: 201422916.
- Johnson, R. M. et al. (2014) MuLV-Related Endogenous Retroviral Elements and Flt3 Participate in Aberrant End-Joining Events that Promote B-Cell Leukemogenesis. Genes Dev.
- Jurkin, J. et al. (2014) The Mammalian tRNA Ligase Complex Mediates Splicing of XBP1 mRNA and Controls Antibody Secretion in Plasma Cells. EMBO J
- Kamezaki, K. et al. (2014) Differential requirement for wild-type Flt3 in leukemia initiation among mouse models of human leukemia. Exp Hematol.
- Kano, Y. et al. (2014) Novel drug discovery system for cancer stem cells in human squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus. Oncol Rep.
- Kim, H. et al. (2014) Placotylene A, an inhibitor of the receptor activator of nuclear factor-κB ligand-induced osteoclast differentiation, from a Korean sponge Placospongia sp. Mar Drugs.
- Koste, L. et al. (2014) T-cell receptor transfer into human T cells with ecotropic retroviral vectors. Gene Ther.
- Lou, J. et al. (2014) Delivery of CSF-1R to the Lumen of Macropinosomes Promotes its Destruction in Macrophages. J Cell Sci 127:5228-5239.
- Mohsen-Kanson, T. et al. (2014) Differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells into brown and white adipocytes: role of Pax3. Stem Cells. 32:1459-1467.
- Nakaya, Y., et al. (2014) Efficacy of NS-018, a potent and selective JAK2/Src inhibitor, in primary cells and mouse models of myeloproliferative neoplasms. Blood Cancer J
- Nam, Y. J., et al. (2014) Induction of Diverse Cardiac Cell Types by Reprogramming Fibroblasts with Cardiac Transcription Factors. Development.
- Park, J.S. et al. (2014) Synthetic control of mammalian-cell motility by engineering chemotaxis to an orthogonal bioinert chemical signal. PNAS
- Suzuki, E. et al. (2014) Akt activation is required for TGF-β1-induced osteoblast differentiation of MC3T3-E1 pre-osteoblasts. PLoS One.
- Tanaka, A. et al. (2014) Endothelin-1 Induces Myofibrillar Disarray and Contractile Vector Variability in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes. J Am Heart Assoc.
- Tsanov, N. et al. (2014) PIP degron proteins, substrates of CRL4Cdt2, and non PIP boxes, interfere with DNA polymerase nu and kappa focus formation on UV damage. Nucleic Acids Res.
- Widau, R. C. et al. (2014) RIG-I–like receptor LGP2 protects tumor cells from ionizing radiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.
- Yeon, J. T. et al. (2014) Anti-osteoclastogenic activity of praeruptorin A via inhibition of p38/Akt-c-Fos-NFATc1 signaling and PLCγ-independent Ca2+ oscillation. PLoS One.
- Chang, J. et al. (2013) MyD88 is Essential to Sustain mTOR Activation Necessary to Promote T Helper 17 Cell Proliferation by Linking IL-1 and IL-23 Signaling. PNAS.
- Hirai, H. et al. (2013) Accelerated Direct Reprogramming of Fibroblasts into Cardiomyocyte-like Cells with the MyoD Transactivation Domain. Cardiovasc Res.
- Jadav, R. et al. (2013) Inositol Pyrophosphate Synthesis by Inositol Hexakisphosphate Kinase 1 Is Required for Homologous Recombination Repair. J Biol.
- Kim, G. et al. (2013) A Novel Role for IL-27 in Mediating the Survival of Activated Mouse CD4 T Lymphocytes. J Immunol.
- Nam, G. et al. (2013) Interaction of CD99 with Its Paralog CD99L2 Positively Regulates CD99L2 Trafficking to Cell Surfaces. J Immunol.
- Schmidt, T. et al. (2013) CXCR4 Promotes B Cell Egress from Peyer’s Patches. J Exp.
- Sievert, A. et al. (2013) Paradoxical Activation and RAF Inhibitor Resistance of BRAF Protein Kinase Fusions Characterizing Pediatric Astrocytomas. PNAS.
- Wahlestedt, M. et al. (2013) An Epigenetic Component of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Aging Amenable to Reprogramming into a Young State. Blood.
- Zhong, S. et al. (2013) T-Cell Receptor Affinity and Avidity Defines Antitumor Response and Autoimmunity in T-Cell Immunotherapy. PNAS.
- Anantpadma, M and Vrati S. (2012) siRNA-Mediated Suppression of Japanese Encephalitis Virus Replication in Cultured Cells and Mice. JAntimicrob Chemother.
- Gegonne, A. et al. (2012) The General Transcription Factor TAF7 Is Essential for Embryonic Development but Not Essential for the Survival or Differentiation of Mature T Cells. Mol Cell.
- Hrdlickova, R. et al. (2012) lternatively Spliced Telomerase Reverse Transcriptase Variants Lacking Telomerase Activity Stimulate Cell Proliferation. Mol Cell.
- Ito, D. et al. (2012) tem Cell Factor Programs the Mast Cell Activation Phenotype. J Immunol.
- Koso, H. et al. (2012) PNAS Plus: Transposon Mutagenesis Identifies Genes that Transform Neural Stem Cells into Glioma-Initiating Cells. PNAS. 10.1073/pnas.1215899109.
- Lahti, A.L. et al. (2012) Model for Long QT Syndrome Type 2 Using Human iPS Cells Demonstrates Arrhythmogenic Characteristics in Cell Culture. Dis.
- Pagnon, J. et al. (2012) Identification and Functional Characterization of Protein Kinase A Phosphorylation Sites in the Major Lipolytic Protein, Adipose Triglyceride Lipase. Endocrinology.
- Seo, W. et al. (2012) Runx1–Cbfβ Facilitates Early B Lymphocyte Development by Regulating Expression of Ebf1. J Exp.
- Tep, C. et al. (2012) rain-derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) Induces Polarized Signaling of Small GTPase (Rac1) Protein at the Onset of Schwann Cell Myelination through Partitioning-defective 3 (Par3) Protein. JBiol Chem.
- Huang, H.P. et al. (2011) Epithelial Cell Adhesion Molecule (EpCAM) Complex Proteins Promote Transcription Factor-mediated Pluripotency Reprogramming. J Biol.
- Braunstein, M. et al. (2010) HEBALt Enhances the T-cell Potential of Fetal Myeloid-biased Precursors. Int Immunol.
- Lee, J-H. et al. (2010) Epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits osteoclastogenesis by down-regulating c-fos expression and suppressing the nuclear factor k-B signal. Mol Pharmacol.
- Satpathy, S. et al. (2010) Inhibition of Terminal Differentiation of B Cells Mediated by CD27 and CD40 Involves Signaling through JNK. J Immunol.
- Cui, G. et al. (2009) Berberine differentially modulates the activities of ERK, p38 MAPK, and JNK to suppress Th17 and Th1 T cell differentiation in Type 1 diabetic mice. J Biol.
- Hinrichs, C.S. et al. (2009) Adoptively transferred effector cells derived from naive rather than central memory CD8+ cells mediate superior antitumor immunity. PNAS
- Huse, J.T. et al. (2009) The PTEN-regulating microRNA mir-26a is amplified in high-grade glioma and facilitates gliomagenesis in vivo. Genes & Dev.
- Li, W. et al. (2009) Rb/Cdk2/Cdk4 triple mutant mice elicit an alternative mechanism for regulation of the G1/S transition. PNAS
- Rice, K.L. et al. (2009) Comprehensive genetic screens identify a role for PLZR-RARalpha as a positive regulator of cell proliferation via direct regulation of c-myc. Blood