OxiSelect™ Oxygen Radical Antioxidant Capacity (ORAC) Activity Assay, Trial SizeUser Manual
|Research Area:||Oxidative Stress|
|Assay Category:||Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) and Antioxidant Assays|
|Sample Type:||Suitable for use with plasma, cell fractions, tissue lysates, solid and aqueous nutrition samples|
The OxiSelect ORAC Activity Assay is a fast and reliable kit for the direct measurement of ORAC antioxidant capacity from cell lysate, plasma, serum, tissue homogenates, and food extracts. Each kit provides sufficient reagents to perform up to 192 assays, including blanks, antioxidant standards and unknown samples. The assay is designed for use in single plate microplate readers as well as readers with high-throughput capabilities. Please read the complete kit insert prior to performing the assay.
- Alvarenga, I.C. and Aldrich, C.G. (2017) 239 Effect of diets containing sorghum fractions on antioxidant capacity of dogs and phenolic acids of both food and plasma measured by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). J Anim.
- Oraby, H.F. et al. (2017) Changes in the concentration of avenanthramides in response to salinity stress in CBF 3 transgenic oat. J Cereal Sci
- Park, JB., et al. (2017) Changes in antioxidant activities and volatile compounds of mixed berry juice through fermentation by lactic acid bacteria. Food Sci Biotechnol.
- Smith, S.C. (2017) 237 Development of a preference ranking test with dogs. .
- Alleva, R. et al. (2016) Organic honey supplementation reverses pesticide-induced genotoxicity by modulating dna damage response. Mol Nutr Food Res.
- Francini, A. et al. (2016) 1-H NMR and PCA-based analysis revealed variety dependent changes in phenolic contents of apple fruit after drying. Food Chem.
- Gangopadhyay, N. et al. (2016) Antioxidant-guided isolation and mass spectrometric identification of the major polyphenols in barley (Hordeum vulgare) grains. Food Chem.
- Gao, S. et al. (2016) Oxidative stress increases the risk of pancreatic β cell damage in chronic renal hypertensive rats. Physiol Rep.
- Kim, A. J. (2016) Optimization of roasting conditions through antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of Yak-kong (Rhynchosia nulubilis). Food Sci Biotechnol.
- Konishi, M. et al. (2016) Protein levels in Keap1-Nrf2 system in human failing heart. Int J Cardiol.
- Oidovsambuu S, et al (2016) A Fruit Extract of Paeonia anomala Attenuates Chronic Alcohol-induced Liver Damage in Rats. Nat Prod Sci https:/
- Pate, K.M. et al. (2016) Anthoxanthin polyphenols attenuate Aß oligomer-induced neuronal responses associated with Alzheimer's Disease. CNS NeuroSci Ther.
- Xiao, L. & Miwa, N. (2016) The lipophilic vitamin C derivative, 6-O-palmitoylascorbate protects human keratinocytes and 3D-human skin equivalents against X-ray-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis more markedly than L-ascorbic acid. J Cell Biochem.
- Xiao, L. et al. (2016) Hydrogen-rich water achieves cytoprotection from oxidative stress injury in human gingival fibroblasts in culture or 3D-tissue equivalents, and wound-healing promotion, together with ROS-scavenging and relief from glutathione diminishment. Hum.
- González, B. et al. (2015) Polyphenol, anthocyanin and antioxidant content in different parts of maqui fruits (Aristotelia chilensis) during ripening and conservation treatments after harvest. Ind Crop Prod.
- Gutierrez, R. M. P. & Madrigalez Ahuatzi, D. (2015) Investigating antioxidant properties of the diterpenes from seeds of Phalaris canariensis. J Nutr Food Sci
- Macchi, Z. et al. (2015) A multi-center screening trial of rasagiline in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: Possible mitochondrial biomarker target engagement. Amyotroph Lateral Scler Frontotemporal Degener. 2: 1-8.
- Nishikawa, Y. et al. (2015) Cytoprotective effects of lysophospholipids from sea cucumber Holothuria atra. PLoS One.
- Nishimura, T. et al. (2015) Protective effect of hypotaurine against oxidative stress-induced cytotoxicity in rat placental trophoblasts. Placenta.
- Okutsu, K. et al. (2015) Antioxidants in heat-processed koji and the production mechanisms. Food Chem.
- Orena, S. et al. (2015) Extracts of fruits and vegetables activate the antioxidant response element in IMR-32 cells. J Nutr.
- Wada, S. I. et al. (2015) Novel autophagy inducers lentztrehaloses A, B and C. J Antibiot (Tokyo).
- Han, C. H. et al. (2014) Antioxidant and antiglycation activities of the synthesised dipeptide, Asn-Trp, derived from computer-aided simulation of yam dioscorin hydrolysis and its analogue, Gln-Trp. Food Chem.
- Han, C. H. et al. (2014) Asn-Trp dipeptides improve the oxidative stress and learning dysfunctions in D-galactose-induced BALB/c mice. Food Funct.
- Han, C. H. et al. (2014) Effects of yam tuber protein, dioscorin, on attenuating oxidative status and learning dysfunction in d-galactose-induced BALB/c mice. Food Chem Toxicol.
- Hutchison, A. T. et al. (2014) Black currant nectar reduces muscle damage and inflammation following a bout of high-intensity eccentric contractions. J Diet Suppl.
- Krautbauer, S. et al. (2014) Free fatty acids, lipopolysaccharide and IL-1α induce adipocyte manganese superoxide dismutase which is increased in visceral adipose tissues of obese rodents. PLoS One.
- Krautbauer, S. et al. (2014) Manganese superoxide dismutase knock-down in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes impairs subsequent adipogenesis. Mol Cell Biochem.
- Yang, J. et al. (2014) Validation of genome-wide association study (GWAS)-identified disease risk alleles with patient-specific stem cell lines. Hum Mol Genet.
- Yoo, J. H. et al. (2014) Crepidiastrum denticulatum extract protects the liver against chronic alcohol-induced damage and fat accumulation in rats. J Med Food.
- Ungvari, Z. et al. (2012) Testing Predictions of the Oxidative Stress Hypothesis of Aging Using a Novel Invertebrate Model of Longevity: The Giant Clam (Tridacna Derasa). J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 10.
- Bailey-Downs, L.C. et al. (2011) Liver-Specific Knockdown of IGF-1 Decreases Vascular Oxidative Stress Resistance by Impairing the Nrf2-Dependent Antioxidant Response: A Novel Model of Vascular Aging. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 10. 10.1093/gerona/glr164
- Ungvari, Z. et al. (2011) Extreme Longevity Is Associated With Increased Resistance to Oxidative Stress in Arctica islandica, the Longest-Living Non-Colonial Animal. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 10.
- Ungvari, Z. et al. (2011) Free Radical Production, Antioxidant Capacity, and Oxidative Stress Response Signatures in Fibroblasts from Lewis Dwarf Rats: Effects of Life Span-Extending Peripubertal GH Treatment. J Gerontol.