OxiSelect™ Cellular Antioxidant Assay Kit (Green Fluorescence)User Manual
|Research Area:||Oxidative Stress|
|Assay Category:||Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) and Antioxidant Assays|
The OxiSelect™ Cellular Antioxidant Assay Kit is a cell-based assay for measuring the activity of an exogenous antioxidant compound within adherent cells. Cells are first cultured in a 96-well black fluorescence cell culture plate until confluent. Then the cells are pre-incubated with a cell-permeable DCFH-DA fluorescence probe dye and the bioflavonoid Quercetin, or the antioxidant sample being tested. After a brief incubation, the cells are washed, and the reaction started by adding the Free Radical Initiator. The Free Radical Initiator creates free radicals that convert the probe to highly fluorescent DCF. The Quercetin inhibits the formation of free radicals, and thus DCF formation, in a concentration dependent manner.
- Aquilino M, et al. (2018) Genotoxic effects of vinclozolin on the aquatic insect Chironomus riparius (Diptera, Chironomidae). Environ Pollut.
- Chiang, M. et al. (2016) Chemical-and cell-based antioxidant capacity of methanolic extracts of three commonly edible plants from Zingiberaceae family. Free Radical Antioxid.
- Pagano, I. et al. (2016) Chemical profile and cellular antioxidant activity of artichoke by-products. Food Funct.
- Verbanac, D. et al. (2016) Synthesis and evaluation of antibacterial and antioxidant activity of novel 2-phenyl-quinoline analogs derivatized at position 4 with aromatically substituted 4 H-1, 2, 4-triazoles. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem.
- Yamani, H. & Abbenante, G. (2015) The OxiSelect Cellular Antioxidant Assay (CAA) on the FLUOstar Omega. BMG Labtech Application Notes.