OxiSelect™ Total Antioxidant Capacity (TAC) Assay KitUser Manual
|Research Area:||Oxidative Stress|
|Assay Category:||Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) and Antioxidant Assays|
|Sample Type:||Suitable for use with plasma, serum, urine, cell lysates, tissue homogenates and food extracts|
The OxiSelect TAC Assay Kit is a fast and reliable kit for the direct measurement of total antioxidant capacity from cell lysate, plasma, serum, urine, tissue homogenates, and food extracts. Each kit provides sufficient reagents to perform up to 200 assays, including blanks, antioxidant standards and unknown samples. Hydrophilic and lipophilic samples are compatible with the assay.
The Kit measures the total antioxidant capacity within a sample. Samples are compared to a known concentration of uric acid standard within a 96-well microtiter plate format. Samples and standards are diluted with a reaction reagent and, upon the addition of copper, the reaction proceeds for a few minutes. The reaction is stopped and read with a standard 96-well spectrophotometric microplate reader at 490 nm. Antioxidant capacity is determined by comparison with the uric acid standards.
- Bárány, T. et al. (2017) Oxidative Stress-Related Parthanatos of Circulating Mononuclear Leukocytes in Heart Failure. Oxid Med Cell Longev.
- Liang, S. (2017) C-Phycocyanin supplementation during in vitro maturation enhances pre-implantation developmental competence of parthenogenetic and cloned embryos in pigs. Theriogenology.
- Lichardusova L, et al. (2017) Proteomic analysis of mitochondrial proteins in the guinea pig heart following long-term normobaric hyperoxia. Mol Cell Biochem.
- Lobine D, et al. (2017) Bio-prospecting endemic Mascarene Aloes for potential neuroprotectants. Phytother Res.
- Lye, H.-S. et al. (2017) Lactobacillus fermentum FTDC 8312 combats hypercholesterolemia via alteration of gut microbiota. Journal of Biotechnology.
- Marangoni, L.F.B., et al. (2017) Copper effects on biomarkers associated with photosynthesis, oxidative status and calcification in the Brazilian coral Mussismilia harttii (Scleractinia, Mussidae). Mar Environ Res.
- Palani, A.F. (2017) Impact of Male Reproductive Hormones on Sperm Activity via regulation of Semen Antioxidant Levels. Journal of Garmian University.
- Shanmugam, G. et al. (2017) Constitutive activation of Nrf2 induces a stable reductive state in the mouse myocardium. Redox Biol.
- Shorouk, M. et al. (2017) Mangiferin protects against intestinal ischemia/reperfusion-induced liver injury: Involvement of PPAR-γ, GSK-3β and Wnt/β-catenin pathway. Eur. 809:80-86.
- You, M.K. et al. (2017) Pear pomace water extract suppresses hepatic lipid peroxidation and protects against liver damage in rats fed a high fat/cholesterol diet. Food Sci Biotechnol.
- Braud, L. et al. (2016) Antioxidant properties of tea blunt ROS-dependent lipogenesis: beneficial effect on hepatic steatosis in a high fat-high sucrose diet NAFLD obese rat model. J Nut. 40:95-104.
- Ciesla, M. et al. (2016) Heme oxygenase-1 controls an HDAC4-miR 206 pathway of oxidative stress in rhabdomyosarcoma. Cancer Res.
- El-Deeb, M. M. K. et al. (2016) The role of serum trace elements and oxidative stress in egyptian breast cancer patients. Adv Breast Cancer Res.
- Feng, J. et al. (2016) Inhibitor of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase sensitizes glioblastoma cells to temozolomide via activating ROS/JNK signaling pathway. BioMed Res.
- Harisa, G. I. et al. (2016) Chitosan treatment abrogates hypercholesterolemia-induced erythrocyte’s arginase activation. Saudi Pharm J
- Harisa, G. I. et al. (2016) Simvastatin-loaded nanostructured lipid carriers attenuate the atherogenic risk of erythrocytes in hyperlipidemic rats. Eur J Pharm Sci
- Kawano, T. et al. (2016) Noninvasive mapping of the redox status of dimethylnitrosamine-induced hepatic fibrosis using in vivo dynamic nuclear polarization-magnetic resonance imaging. Sci Rep.
- Lao, T. et al. (2016) Hhip haploinsufficiency sensitizes mice to age-related emphysema. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.
- Milewski, K. et al. (2016) Carnosine reduces oxidative stress and reverses attenuation of righting and postural reflexes in rats with thioacetamide-induced liver failure. Neurochem Res.
- Nyembe, D. W. et al. (2016) Effects of ingested multi-walled carbon nanotubes in Poecilia reticulata: Localization and physiological responses. J Environ Anal Toxicol.
- Patel, S. et al. (2016) Vitamin A or E and a catechin synergize as vaccine adjuvant to enhance immune responses in mice by induction of early IL-15 but not IL-1β responses. Immunology.
- Simide, R. et al. (2016) Assessment of the accuracy of physiological blood indicators for the evaluation of stress, health status and welfare in Siberian sturgeon (Acipenser baerii) subject to chronic heat stress and dietary supplementation. Int Aquatic.
- Wang, M. et al. (2016) Does total antioxidant capacity modify adverse cardiac responses associated with ambient ultrafine, accumulation mode, and fine particles in patients undergoing cardiac rehabilitation?. Environ Res.
- Zbynovska, K. et al. (2016) Antioxidant status of rabbits after treatment with epicatechin and patulin. Biologia.
- Agar, O. T. et al. (2015) Comparative studies on phenolic composition, antioxidant, wound healing and cytotoxic activities of selected Achillea L. species growing in turkey.
- Alagbonsi, I. A. et al. (2015) Melatonin and vitamin C exacerbate Cannabis sativa-induced testicular damage when administered separately but ameliorate it when combined in rats. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol.
- Antonopoulos, A. S. et al. (2015) Adiponectin as a link between type 2 diabetes and vascular NADPH oxidase activity in the human arterial wall: The regulatory role of perivascular adipose tissue. Diabetes.
- Beretta, G. L. et al. (2015) Unravelling “off-target” effects of redox-active polymers and polymer multilayered capsules in prostate cancer cells. Nanoscale.
- Dong, W. et al. (2015) Enhancement of thiamin content in Arabidopsis thaliana by metabolic engineering. Plant Cell Physiol.
- Hwang, H. J. et al. (2015) Production of Liquiritigenin with Cell-based Biotransformation and Its Anti-Aging Activity. Korean Soc Biotechnol Bioeng J
- Kim, M. et al. (2015) Comparison of viability and antioxidant capacity between canine adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells and heme oxygenase-1-overexpressed cells after freeze-thawing. J Vet Med Sci
- Liu, M. et al. (2015) Shen-Kang protects 5/6 nephrectomized rats against renal injury by reducing oxidative stress through the MAPK signaling pathways. Int J Mol Med.
- Mikail, M. A. et al. (2015) Baccaurea angulata fruit inhibits lipid peroxidation and induces the increase in antioxidant enzyme activities. Eur J Nutr.
- Ni, R. et al. (2015) Mitochondrial calpain-1 disrupts ATP synthase and induces superoxide generation in type-1 diabetic hearts: a novel mechanism contributing to diabetic cardiomyopathy. Diabetes.
- Pandupuspitasari, N. S. et al. (2015) Effects of diludine on the production, oxidative status, and biochemical parameters in transition cows. J Environ Agric Sci
- Park, S. Y. et al. (2015) Study on the health benefits of brown algae (Sargassum muticum) in volunteers. J Food Nutr Res.
- Pérez, E. et al. (2015) Improved antitumor effect of paclitaxel administered in vivo as pH and glutathione-sensitive nanohydrogels. Int J Pharm.
- Ruiz, L. M. et al. (2015) Quercetin affects erythropoiesis and heart mitochondrial function in mice. Oxid Med Cell Longev.
- Sashindran, R., et al. (2015) Evaluation of Neuroprotective Effect of Quercetin and Coenzyme q10 in Ethanol Induced Neurotoxicity in Mice. Int J Appl Biol Pharm.
- Scholten, S. D. et al. (2015) Effects of vitamin D and quercetin, alone and in combination, on cardiorespiratory fitness and muscle function in physically active male adults. Open Access J Sports Med.
- Strahl, J. et al. (2015) Biochemical responses to ocean acidification contrast between tropical corals with high and low abundances at volcanic carbon dioxide seeps. ICES J Mar Sci
- Sun, M. & Johnson, M. A. (2015) Measurement of total antioxidant capacity in sub-μL blood samples using craft paper-based analytical devices. RSC Adv.
- Turkmenoglu, F. P. et al. (2015) Characterization of volatile compounds of eleven achillea species from turkey and biological activities of essential oil and methanol extract of A. hamzaoglui arabacı & budak.
- Wilcoxen, T. E. et al. (2015) Effects of bird-feeding activities on the health of wild birds. Conserv Physiol.
- Wu, J. et al. (2015) Cyclic and constant hyperoxia cause inflammation, apoptosis and cell death in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand.
- Youn, P. et al. (2015) Cytoprotection against Beta-Amyloid (aβ) Peptide-Mediated Oxidative Damage and Autophagy by Keap1 RNAi in Human Glioma U87mg Cells. Neurosci Res.
- Abudabos, A. M. & Al-Mufarrej, S. I. (2014) Effects of organic acid supplementation on antioxidant capacity and immune responses of broilers challenged orally with Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica Typhimurium.
- Bello, M. H. et al. (2014) Endogenous ergothioneine is required for wild type levels of conidiogenesis and conidial survival but does not protect against 254nm UV-induced mutagenesis or kill. Fungal Genet Biol.
- Chien, J. W. et al. (2014) Urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) level can predict acute renal damage in young children with urinary tract infection. Biomarkers.
- Girgih, A. T. et al. (2014) A novel hemp seed meal protein hydrolysate reduces oxidative stress factors in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Nutrients.
- MacDonald, G. et al. (2014) Memo Is a Copper-Dependent Redox Protein with an Essential Role in Migration and Metastasis. Sci Signal.
- Mercado, N. et al. (2014) Activation of transcription factor Nrf2 signalling by the sphingosine kinase inhibitor SKI-II is mediated by the formation of Keap1 dimers. PLoS One.
- Mesárošová, M. et al. (2014) The role of reactive oxygen species in the genotoxicity of surface-modified magnetite nanoparticles. Toxicol Lett.
- Moosa, Z. M. et al. (2014) The effects of prenatal methylmercury exposure on trace element and antioxidant levels in rats following 6-hydroxydopamine-induced neuronal insult. Metab Brain Dis.
- Narayanan, S. et al. (2014) Impact of high night-time and high daytime temperature stress on winter wheat. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science.
- Ravikumar, P. et al. (2014) α-Klotho Protects Against Oxidative Damage in Pulmonary Epithelia. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol.
- Sutkowy, P. et al. (2014) Physical exercise combined with whole-body cryotherapy in evaluating the level of lipid peroxidation products and other oxidant stress indicators in kayakers. Oxid Med Cell Longev.
- Tran, H. et al. (2014) Effects of spray-dried porcine plasma on growth performance, immune response, total antioxidant capacity, and gut morphology of nursery pigs. J Anim Sci 92:4494-4504.
- Bakalova, R. et al. (2013) Tissue Redox Activity as a Hallmark of Carcinogenesis: From Early to Terminal Stages of Cancer. Clin. 19:2503-2517.
- Stark, M. et al. (2013) Differential Effects of Docosahexaenoic Acid on Preterm and Term Placental Pro-Oxidant/Antioxidant Balance. Reproduction.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2013) Therapeutic Effect of MG-132 on Diabetic Cardiomyopathy is Associated with its Suppression of Proteasomal Activities: Roles of Nrf2 and NF-kB. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol.
- Chen, L. et al. (2012) OPA1 Mutation and Late-Onset Cardiomyopathy: Mitochondrial Dysfunction and mtDNA Instability. JAHA. 1: e003012.
- Dittrich,R. et al. (2012) Influence of Maternal Smoking during Pregnancy on Oxidant Status in Amniotic Fluid. In Vivo.