OxiSelect™ MDA Adduct Competitive ELISA Kit, Trial SizeUser Manual
|Research Area:||Oxidative Stress|
|Assay Category:||Lipid Peroxidation Assays|
- Detect as little as 6 pmol/mg of malondialdehyde
- More specific for MDA than traditional TBARS assay
MDA, or malondialdehyde, is a widely accepted marker for oxidative stress. Cell Biolabs' OxiSelect™ MDA Competitive ELISA Kit provides a sensitive, specific method for detection of this lipid peroxidation by-product.
The OxiSelect™ MDA Adduct Competitive ELISA Kit is an enzyme immunoassay developed for rapid detection and quantitation of MDA-protein adducts. The quantity of MDA adduct in protein samples is determined by comparing its absorbance with that of a known MDA-BSA standard curve. Each kit provides sufficient reagents to perform up to 96 assays, including standard curve and unknown protein samples.
First, an MDA conjugate is coated on an ELISA plate. The unknown MDA protein samples or MDA -BSA standards are then added to the MDA conjugate preabsorbed ELISA plate. After a brief incubation, an anti-MDA polyclonal antibody is added, followed by an HRP conjugated secondary antibody. The content of MDA protein adducts in unknown samples is determined by comparison with a predetermined MDA-BSA standard curve.
MDA adducts are not stable long term. For best results test all samples immediately upon collection, or freeze them at -80ºC for up to one month. MDA may be degraded in samples that have been frozen for longer periods; in such cases more reliable results may be obtained from more stable markers of oxidative stress such as protein carbonyl, 8-OHdG or 4-HNE.
- Kandimalla R, et al. (2018) Hippocampal phosphorylated tau induced cognitive decline, dendritic spine loss and mitochondrial abnormalities in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Hum Mol Genet. doi: 10.1093/hmg/ddx381.
- Ateya AM, et al. (2017) Effect of Omega-3 Fatty Acids on Serum Lipid Profile and Oxidative Stress in Pediatric Patients on Regular Hemodialysis: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Study. J Ren Nutr. doi: 10.1053/j.jrn.2016.11.005.
- Contreras-Ortiz, J.M.E. et al. (2017) Effects of astaxanthin in mice acutely infected with Trypanosoma cruzi. Parasite doi:10.1051/parasite/2017018.
- Lei Shen et al. (2017) C‑X‑C motif chemokine ligand 8 promotes endothelial cell homing via the Akt‑signal transducer and activator of transcription pathway to accelerate healing of ischemic and hypoxic skin ulcers. Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine. (6): 3021-303.
- Mancini, S. et al. (2017) Multifunctional liposomes delay phenotype progression and prevent memory impairment in a presymptomatic stage mouse model of Alzheimer disease. J Control Release 258:121-129.
- Murad HA, et al. (2017) Candesartan, rather than losartan, improves motor dysfunction in thioacetamide-induced chronic liver failure in rats. Braz J Med Biol Res. doi: 10.1590/1414-431X20176665.
- Strickland, F.M. et al. (2017) Oxidative T cell modifications in lupus and Sjogren's syndrome. Lupus 2(1):121.
- Wojewodzka-Zelezniakowicz M, et al. (2017) Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors attenuate propofol-induced pro-oxidative and antifibrinolytic effect in human endothelial cells. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. doi: 10.1177/1470320316687197.
- Yap WN.. et al (2017) Tocotrienol-rich fraction attenuates UV-induced inflammaging: A bench to bedside study. J Cosmet Dermatol. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12421
- Cho, S. Y. & Roh, H. T. (2016) Effects of aerobic exercise training on peripheral brain-derived neurotrophic factor and eotaxin-1 levels in obese young men. J Phys Ther Sci 28:1355-1358.
- Olopade, C.O. et al. (2016) Effect of a clean stove intervention on inflammatory biomarkers in pregnant women in Ibadan, Nigeria: a randomized controlled study. Environ. 98:181-190.
- Seo, H.S. et al. (2016) Pyunkang-hwan (Pyungkang-tang) ameliorates air pollutant-induced inflammatory hypersecretion of airway mucus and bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in rats. J Trad. 36:663-670.
- de Souza, P. C. et al. (2015) OKN-007 decreases free radicals levels in a preclinical F98 rat glioma model. Free Radic Biol Med. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2015.06.026.
- Katz MG, et al. (2014) Safety and efficacy of high-dose adeno-associated virus 9 encoding sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) adenosine triphosphatase delivered by molecular cardiac surgery with recirculating delivery in ovine ischemic cardiomyopathy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2014.05.070.