2019-nCoV TaqMan RT-PCR KitUser Manual
|Product Category:||TaqMan Real-Time PCR Kits|
|Pathogen Detection:||Human Pathogen Detection|
|CE / IVD Marking:||No|
- COVID-19 detection based on the assays and protocols developed by the CDC
- Primer & Probe Mixes contain all 3 CDC developed assays in individual tubes
- All assays are premixed to the working concentrations recommended by the CDC
- Positive Control contains 2 nCoV nucleocapsid target gene RNA (N1,N2) and RNase P (internal control) which are compatible with the CDC primer/probe set
- Convenient ready-to-use 2X One-Step RT-PCR Master Mix
Norgen’s 2019-nCoV TaqMan RT-PCR Kit is designed for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 specific RNA in a real-time RT-PCR based on the use of TaqMan technology.
The detection of SARS-CoV-2 specific RNA is based on TaqMan one-step RT-PCR providing a simple, reliable and rapid result for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Norgen’s 2019-nCoV TaqMan RT-PCR Kit includes a PCR control to monitor for PCR inhibition, and to validate the quality of the sample and the detection result. The 2019-nCoV TaqMan RT-PCR Kit comprises Master Mix for the target and PCR control detection, 3 target Primer & Probe Mixes, as well as a positive control and a negative control (nuclease-free water) to confirm the integrity of the kit reagents.
The 2019-nCoV TaqMan RT-PCR Kit provides SARS-CoV-2 detection based on the assays and protocols developed by the CDC. The Primer & Probe Mixes contain all 3 CDC developed assays in individual tubes. All assays are premixed to the working concentrations recommended by the CDC. The assays are each targeting one of the two nCoV nucleocapsid target genes RNA (N1 and N2) or RNase P which serves as an internal control. The Positive Control contains two nCoV nucleocapsid target gene RNA (N1 and N2) and RNase P (internal control).
Norgen’s 2019-nCoV TaqMan RT-PCR Kit was developed and validated to be used with the following PCR instruments:
- Qiagen Rotor-Gene Q
- BioRad CFX96 Touch™ Real-Time PCR Detection System
- ABI 7500
This test is for Research Use Only (RUO).
Consequently the test is not for home or consumer use. It is to be used by professional healthcare personnel only.