COVID-19 TaqMan RT-PCR Kit (E/RdRP genes- Charité/Berlin protocol)User Manual
|Product Category:||TaqMan Real-Time PCR Kits|
|Pathogen Detection:||Human Pathogen Detection|
|CE / IVD Marking:||No|
- SARS-CoV-2 detection based on the Charité/Berlin protocol (E/RdRP genes) recommended by WHO
- Primer & Probe Mixes contain all E gene/RP and RdRP gene assays in individual tubes
- All assays are premixed to the working concentrations recommended by the Charité/Berlin protocol
- Positive Control contains the three SARS-related target genes: E gene, RdRP gene as well as the human RP (internal control)
- Convenient ready-to-use 2X One-Step RT-PCR Master Mix
Norgen’s COVID-19 TaqMan RT-PCR Kit (E/RdRP genes) is a multiplexed assay designed for simple, reliable and rapid qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 specific RNA using TaqMan® technology (FAM and HEX/VIC).
The kit includes 2x One-Step RT-PCR Master Mix and 2 primer/probe mixes, a positive control and a negative control (nuclease-free water). The first primer/probe mix is the E gene/RP that targets the SARS-CoV-2 – specific Envelop gene (E gene - FAM) in addition to the human RNase P transcript (RP - HEX/VIC) as an internal control target to monitor for PCR inhibition, and to validate the quality of the sample and the detection result. The second Primer/Probe Mix is for the RdRP gene and detects two RNA-dependent RNA Polymerase (RdRP) targets where the first RdRP target is SARS-CoV-2 specific (FAM) while the second RdRP target is to detect SARS-CoV and bat-SARS-related CoVs (HEX). The use of the second RdRP gene Primer/Probe Mix is only required as a discriminatory/confirmatory step with samples showing positive amplification of the E gene. The provided E gene/RdRP/RP Positive Control contains an in vitro RNA transcript for the three SARS-related target genes: E gene, RdRP gene as well as the human RP (internal control).
Norgen’s 2019-nCoV TaqMan RT-PCR Kit was developed and validated to be used with the following PCR instruments:
- Qiagen Rotor-Gene Q
- BioRad CFX96 Touch™ Real-Time PCR Detection System
- ABI 7500
This kit is manufactured under ISO 13485:2016 for research use only!