AAV-DJ Helper Free Packaging SystemUser Manual
Packaging an infective recombinant adeno-associated virus (AAV) requires the presence of certain adenoviral gene products. Cell Biolabs' AAV Helper Free System eliminates the need for a helper adenovirus, making the system safer and more convenient. Most of the required adenoviral gene products (E2A, E4, and VA RNA) are present in a pHelper plasmid; the E1 adenovirus gene is supplied by the 293 host cell line.
Cell Biolabs offers a broad range of AAV Helper Free Systems:
- AAV native serotypes 1 through 6
- AAV-DJ, engineered by DNA family shuffling to create a hybrid capsid from 8 different native serotypes; AAV-DJ vectors convey significantly higher infectivity rates compared to native serotypes across a broad range of tissue and cell types
- AAV-DJ/8, a mutant of AAV-DJ that exhibits increased uptake in brain tissue and other tissues in vivo, similar to native serotypes 8 and 9
NOTE: AAV-DJ and AAV-DJ/8 Helper Free Systems are available for sale to academic, government and non-profit research laboratories. All other purchasers require a commercial license for all fields including research use. Please contact us for license information.
- Mao Q, et al. (2017) Role of dorsal root ganglion K2p1. 1 in peripheral nerve injury-induced neuropathic pain. doi: 10.1177/1744806917701135.
- Shintani, T. et al. (2017) PTPRJ Inhibits Leptin Signaling, and Induction of PTPRJ in the Hypothalamus Is a Cause of the Development of Leptin Resistance. Sci Rep. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-12070-7
- Tokizane K, et al. (2017) Phospholipid localization implies microglial morphology and function via Cdc42 in vitro. Glia. doi: 10.1002/glia.23123
- Tsutsui-Kimura I, et al. (2017) Distinct Roles of Ventromedial versus Ventrolateral Striatal Medium Spiny Neurons in Reward-Oriented Behavior. Curr Biol. doi: 10.1016/j.cub.2017.08.061.
- Zhang, Z. et al. (2017) AAV-based dual-reporter circuit for monitoring cell signaling in living human cells. J Biol. 11:18.
- Aoki, M. et al. (2016) Involvement of 5-HT2CR RNA editing in accumbal NPY expression and behavioral despair. Eur J NeuroSci doi:10.1111/ejn.13233.
- Inutsuka, A. et al. (2016) The integrative role of orexin/hypocretin neurons in nociceptive perception and analgesic regulation. Sci Rep. doi:10.1038/srep29480.
- Liu, J. & Moon, Y. A. (2016) Simple purification of Adeno-Associated Virus-DJ for liver-specific gene expression. Yonsei Med J 57:790-794.
- Suzuki, K. et al. (2016) Five colour variants of bright luminescent protein for real-time multicolour bioimaging. Nature Commun. 7:13718.
- Yokoi, N. et al. (2016) Identification of PSD-95 depalmitoylating enzymes. J NeuroSci 36:6431-6444.